This policy is aiming at providing information on how personal data may be collected and processed while using www.baresquare.com
If you are visiting this website, or providing information via the contact section of our page, this policy applies to you.
WHO ARE WE?
www.baresquare.com is owned and operated by “Baresquare LTD” , a company formed under the Laws of England and Wales, based in London (White Collar Factory, 1 Old Street Yard, London EC1Y 8AF).
WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
In general, we may collect four basic categories of data
- Contact information: If you choose to contact us via our contact section of this website we may collect the name and email you provided us, the reason you have chosen to contact us and whatever you may choose to include in the message which you sent to us. (Contact data).
- Data that identifies you while using this website: such data may include your IP address, browser type and version, operating system, time zone setting, browser plug-in types, geolocation information about your whereabouts etc. (identification data).
- Data on how we use baresquare.com: such data may include your choices and preferences regarding use of this website and how you got there, content-services view, how long you browsed upon a specific section or the website in general, the response of our website to your use etc. (usage data).
- Account Creation and Sign in: At this moment, this feature is only possible by use of a Google Account. When you choose to create an account with Baresquare and sign in with your Google account, you will be asked to confirm your Google account and give access to your Google Analytics views. Please note account creation by use of your Google account does not provide us with access to any personal data other than your name, email address, language preference, and profile picture which are directly provided to us by Google upon confirming your email account.
Please note that should you choose to proceed with a free trial of our services you may be asked to accept additional terms of service including a data processing agreement prior to accessing such services.
HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
We collect the personal data mentioned above via the following manners:
- When you choose to communicate with us and throughout our communication.
- When you browse/make use of our website.
- When you sign up with a Google account and give Baresquare access to Google analytics.
WHAT ARE OUR LEGAL GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
In order to collect and/or use your personal data we have at least one of the following legal bases:
You have given us clear and explicit consent to process your personal data for one or more specific purposes. If you have previously given consent to processing your data, you can withdraw such consent at any time. You can do this by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you do withdraw your consent, and if we do not have another legal basis for processing your information (for example to defend a legal claim, or because we are obliged to retain such information by law), then we will stop processing your personal data. If we do have another legal basis for processing your information, then we may continue to do so, subject to your legal rights. Prior to creating an account with this website, we will request that you provide consent to use of your personal data as described in this policy. Also, we will require your consent before we access any information stored in accounts you keep in other services provided by Google (ex. Google Analytics).
Processing your data is necessary for a contract to be formulated and executed with us (for the sale of services or otherwise), or because such information is necessary before entering into that contract.
- Existing customers
If you have been our customer in the past, we may communicate with you via email, in order to inform you about products similar to the ones you showed interest in, which we think you may like (read more bellow, at the section Email list and promotional emails).
- Legitimate interests
Processing your data is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, provided those interests are not outweighed by your rights and interests. Such legitimate interests are:
— delivering, developing and improving our services and products
— determining whether marketing campaigns are effective
— improving data security
— gaining insights from your behaviour on our website to offer you (and third parties services) products which you may find useful. It is likely that in most of cases this information will not identify individuals, but it may identify companies.
In each case, we found that these legitimate interests were not outweighed by your rights and interests.
- Legal obligation
Processing of your data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, providing you invoices).
HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR DATA?
Bellow we list why we collected your personal data and how we use them:
- To maintain and run baresquare.com and keep it as safe as possible.
- To measure its performance (analytics) and improve your user experience.
- To contact you when you choose to contact us.
- To determine whether our marketing campaigns are effective and provide you with personalized advertisements, which you may find useful (marketing).
- To be able to create accounts for users of this website and potential clients and validate their Google account.
WHERE AND HOW DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
All the personal data we have collected are stored in servers located Europe or in the client’s region of preference. However, some of third parties who are identified in a following section (Who do we share your personal data with) may be processing your data in location outside the EEA
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing by us and those third parties.
We have taken all necessary technical and organizational measures to keep your personal data safe and intact. However, please note that no data transmission can be 100% secure. Accordingly, you acknowledge that you provide your personal data at your own risk.
If you believe that your personal data may have been breached, please let us know at: email@example.com
HOW LONG DO WE STORE OUR DATA?
Unless we are obliged by law or when we have to defend, exercise or state a legal claim in court or other appropriate , in which case we may store your data for a period up to 5 years, we do not wish to store your personal data for a period longer than 2 years. We may keep some of the data stored in cookies and similar technologies for even shorter periods of time.
Please note that while this retention policy is applicable to personal data kept or stored by us and our Greek affiliate company Baresquare MIKE , it may not be applicable to third parties who may have access to your personal data. You can find out how they process personal data, in the following section.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
As with most technology companies, we often have to resort to third party vendors in order to be able to keep www.baresquare.com up and running , provide our website’s services and in order to be able to perform all its functions already explained above.
In such capacity, we may transfer your data to the following companies
Whenever we transfer personal data out of the European Economic Area (EEA) we ensure to have put in place at least one of the following safeguards:
- We will only transfer personal data to countries which have been found to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data.
- And/or we use specific approved contracts that include Standard Contractual Clauses for the protection of personal data where appropriate, with our service providers that are based in countries outside the EEA.
You can find out how what these technologies are, what do they do which third party vendors place them and how to you can decide which one shall be utilized while or because you are accessing baresquare.com in our cookies policy (link)
Also and in order to create an account with Baresquare, you need to validate your Google account. Then Google will share your name, email address, language preference, and profile picture with Baresquare. You can find out more about Google Privacy Policies and Practices here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?gl=GR&hl=en
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a resident of California you may contact us with regard to the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Right of Access: You have a right to request access to the personal data we may hold on you for the past twelve (12) months. You may submit up to two (2) requests per year of access to your personal data.
- Right to Opt-In/Opt-Out of Sale of Personal Data: For individuals sixteen (16) years or older, you have the right to opt-out of sale of personal data we may hold on you. For individuals between thirteen (13) to sixteen (16) years old, you have the right to opt-in to the sale of personal data we may hold on you
- Please note that while you have this right under Law, we do not sell personal data to third parties.
- Right to Deletion: You also have the right to ask us to delete personal data we may hold on you or restrict how it is used. There may be exceptions to the right to deletion for legal reasons which, when applicable, we will explain in response to your request.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under California Consumer Privacy Act.
You can exercise these rights at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We shall respond to requests for access to your personal data within forty-five (45) days for California-specific requests. Please specify that you are making a request under the California Consumer Privacy Act. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS IN RESPECT WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
At Baresquare we always strive to make sure that you can exercise your rights with regards to your personal data. Those rights are:
- You have the right to access information we hold about you. You can contact us and we shall inform you about :
— the categories of data we’re processing
— the purposes of data processing
— the categories of third parties to whom the data may be disclosed
— how long the data will be stored (or the criteria used to determine that period)
— other rights you have regarding our use of your data
We can also send you a copy of these information, if you wish.
- You have the right to ask us to correct personal data about you if they are inaccurate or incomplete.
- You can object based on your particular grounds to us processing your personal data under the legal basis of “legitimate interest of the controller”. We reserve the right to continue such process when we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms and mainly to exercise or defense of legal claims.
- You can object to us using your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- You can object or retract your consent to us using your data for profiling you or making automated decisions about you. The only function by which we may use your personal data in such a manner is to provide you with personalized advertisements, which you may find useful, based on your behavior. Please note that exercising this right does not equal to an obligation on our behalf to not show advertisements at all.
- You have the right to directly transfer your data to another service, as long as it is technically feasible or provide you a copy in a common machine-readable format. Please note that if such data also contain personal data about another person, we may not choose to include such data in our deliverables.
- You have the right to be ‘forgotten’ . All you have to do is ask and we will delete your data unless we have another legal reason to hold your personal data (such as a legal claim or a regulatory requirement).
- You can file a complaint regarding our use of your data to the UK data protection authority (Information Commissioner Office). Please tell us first and would be happy to address your concerns. If you insist on contacting the ICO , you can find out how to reach them and exercise your rights at their website (https://ico.org.uk/).
You can exercise all the aforementioned rights (with the exception of 7.) by emailing us at email@example.com. We shall address your request within 30 days of its receipt, unless it is too complicated or we are dealing simultaneously with too many such requests. In the latter case it may take us up to two additional months to address your request, but we will let you know so within 30 days of reception of your initial request.
We have appointed a Data Protection officer, whom you can always contact for matters related to this policy and your privacy rights.
DPO Name & Surname: Evangelos Kamarakis
Address: Amerikis 23, PO BOX 10672, Athens, Greece
DO WE HONOR DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS?
Yes we do, but only if you set up your browser accordingly.