This policy is aiming at providing information on how personal data may be collected and processed while using www.baresquare.com
If you are visiting this website, or providing information via the contact section of our page, this policy applies to you.
WHO ARE WE?
www.baresquare.com is owned and operated by “Baresquare M.I.K.E” , a company formed under Greek law, based in Thessaloniki Greece (Papadaki str 19, Thesaloniki, Greece)
WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
In general, we may collect three basic categories of data
- Contact information: If you choose to contact us via our contact section of this website we may collect the name and email you provided us, the reason you have chosen to contact us and whatever you may choose to include in the message which you sent to us. (Contact data)
- Data that identifies you: such data may include your IP address, browser type and version, operating system, time zone setting, browser plug-in types, geolocation information about your whereabouts etc (identification data)
- Data on how use baresquare.com: such data may include your choices and preferences regarding use of this website and how you got there, content-services view, how long you browsed upon a specific section or the website in general, the response of our website to your use etc (usage data)
HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
We collect the personal data mentioned above via the following manners:
- When you choose to communicate with us and throughout our communication
- When you browse/make use of our website.
WHAT ARE OUR LEGAL GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
In order to collect and/or use your personal data we have at least one of the following legal bases:
You have given us clear and explicit consent to process your personal data for one or more specific purposes. If you have previously given consent to processing your data, you can withdraw such consent at any time. You can do this by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you do withdraw your consent, and if we do not have another legal basis for processing your information (for example to defend a legal claim, or because we are obliged to retain such information by law), then we will stop processing your personal data. If we do have another legal basis for processing your information, then we may continue to do so, subject to your legal rights.
Processing your data is necessary for a contract to be formulated and executed with us (for the sale of services or otherwise), or because such information is necessary before entering into that contract.
- Existing customers
If you have been our customer in the past, we may communicate with you via email, in order to inform you about products similar to the ones you showed interest in, which we think you may like (read more bellow, at the section Email list and promotional emails)
- Legitimate interests
Processing your data is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, provided those interests are not outweighed by your rights and interests. Such legitimate interests are:
— delivering, developing and improving our services and products
— determining whether marketing campaigns are effective
— improving data security
— gaining insights from your behavior on our website in order to be able to offer you and third parties services and products which they find useful.
In each case, we found that these legitimate interests were not outweighed by your rights and interests.
- Legal obligation
Processing of your data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, providing you invoices).
HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR DATA?
Bellow we list why we collected your personal data and how we use them:
- To maintain and run baresquare.com and keep it as safe as possible.
- To measure its performance (analytics) and improve your user experience
- To contact you when you choose to contact us.
- To determine whether our marketing campaigns are effective and provide you with personalized advertisements, which you may find useful (marketing)
WHERE AND HOW DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
All the personal data we have collected are stored in servers located in Thessaloniki Greece. However, some of third parties who are identified in a following section (Who do we share your personal data with) may be processing your data in location outside the EEA
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing by us and those third parties.
We have taken all necessary technical and organizational measures to keep your personal data safe and intact. However, please note that no data transmission can be 100% secure. Accordingly, you acknowledge that you provide your personal data at your own risk.
If you believe that your personal data may have been breached, please let us know at: email@example.com
HOW LONG DO WE STORE OUR DATA?
Unless we are obliged by law or when we have to defend, exercise or state a legal claim in court or other appropriate , in which case we may store your data for a period up to 5 years, we do not wish to store your personal data for a period longer than 1 year. We may keep some of the data stored in cookies and similar technologies for even shorter periods of time.
Please note that while this retention policy is applicable to personal data kept or stored by us and our UK affiliate company Baresquare LTD , it may not be applicable to third parties who may have access to your personal data. You can find out how they process personal data, in the following section.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
As with most technology companies, we often have to resort to third party vendors in order to be able to keep www.baresquare.com up and running , provide our website’s services and in order to be able to perform all its functions already explained above.
In such capacity, we may transfer your data to the following companies
You can find out how what these technologies are, what do they do which third party vendors place them and how to you can decide which one shall be utilized while or because you are accessing baresquare.com in our cookies policy (link)
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS IN RESPECT WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
At Baresquare we always strive to make sure that you can exercise your rights with regards to your personal data. Those rights are:
- You have the right to access information we hold about you. You can contact us and we shall inform you about :
— the categories of data we’re processing
— the purposes of data processing
— the categories of third parties to whom the data may be disclosed
— how long the data will be stored (or the criteria used to determine that period)
— other rights you have regarding our use of your data
We can also send you a copy of these information, if you wish.
- You have the right to ask us to correct personal data about you if they are inaccurate or incomplete.
- You can object to us using your data for profiling you or making automated decisions about you. The only function by which we may use your personal data in such a manner is to provide you with personalized advertisements, which you may find useful, based on your behavior. Please note that exercising this right does not equal to an obligation on our behalf to not show advertisements at all.
- You have the right to directly transfer your data to another service, as long as it is technically feasible or provide you a copy in a common machine-readable format. Please note that if such data also contain personal data about another person, we may not choose to include such data in our deliverables.
- You have the right to be ‘forgotten’ . All you have to do is ask and we will delete your data unless we have another legal reason to hold your personal data (such as a legal claim or a regulatory requirement).
- You can ask us not to use your data for direct marketing purposes.
- You can file a complaint regarding our use of your data to the Hellenic Data Protection Authority. Please tell us first and would be happy to address your concerns. If you insist on contacting the Hellenic Data Protection Authority, you can find out how to reach them and exercise your rights at their website (www.dpa.gr)
You can exercise all the aforementioned rights (with the exception of 7.) by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We shall address your request within 30 days of its receipt, unless it is too complicated or we are dealing simultaneously with too many such requests. In the latter case it may take us up to two additional months to address your request, but we will let you know so within 30 days of reception of your initial request.
DO WE HONOR DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS?
Yes we do, but only if you set up your browser accordingly.